Before Your Surgery
For any patients planned for or anticipating IV anesthesia:
· No eating or drinking at least 6 hours before the procedure.
· Your regular medications, including blood pressure and heart medications, should still be taken with sips of water unless otherwise directed by our doctors. Please call us for further instructions.
· If you were given a pre-operative antibiotic, be sure to take it as prescribed.
· A driver is required to take you to and from our office.
· Wear short-sleeved shirts and comfortable clothing to allow for your comfort and access to your arms for the IV.
· Do not wear contact lenses. Do not wear heavy makeup, lipstick, perfumes, or cologne.
· If you are prescribed a rescue inhaler for asthma, please bring this with you on the day of your surgery.
· If you are a diabetic, please bring your glucose or glucometer with you and your regular insulin medications and syringes.
· If you take nitroglycerin for chest pain, please bring this with you.
· If you are coming down with a fever, cough, sore throat, cold, or flu, please call us as soon as possible.
Please call us with any questions regarding your procedure or the anesthesia.